About Me

My photo
I try to be very OBJECTIVE in thought, I don't like to be SUBJECTIVE and biased, or simply one sided. Its two sides to every story, you have to look at both sides, put yourself in the shoes of the protagonist and the antagonist and ask yourself what would you do if you were in those shoes. Oddly enough, I'm an aspiring Electrical Engineering and computer geek. You would think I think with the other side of my brain, but like I said, I look at everything from BOTH SIDES, it so necessary

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Epiphany



I've just finished reading the novel, Coming of Age in Mississippi, written by Anne Moody (pictured to the left)...Considering I'm a technology major, it really annoys the hell outta me to know that I have to put in so much work for this History class that is not going to help me with employment in the future...and reading this book was part of my History assignment...now I have to eat those words up...Don't get me wrong, "reading is fundamental", but honestly, if it didn't involve computers or electricity in any manner, than dammit I'm just not interested...usually...I finish the book in about a week, considering 18 credit hours of school, and 33 hours of employment per week...The moment I opened it, I really couldn't close it...The book focuses on racial issues in the deep south during the 50's and 60's...not even being racially radical, but the book was just suspenseful, dramatic, and touching...The whole damn history class has be generally interesting, though I don't wanna admit it, I like the damn class...I've learned so much, and enjoy excelling in it...the book made me wanna admit it to myself. I'm curious to know more about Anne Moody...Its been said she chooses not to take any pictures, conduct any interviews, or get involved with the media in any way...this is one of the only two pics you'll probably find of her, and the clearest. I wonder why she secludes herself so seriously. One can assume a conclusive reason based upon information in her book, but the setting of the book is 50+ years ago, you would think she would let some stuff go...There is information that I'm unaware of affecting the situation, which makes me curious and want to know and learn more...Which is why I like the class and the book, like I'm caught in a nerd trap, and can't get out...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment